As part of its mission to improve quality of life through transportation, the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has initiated an environmental study along the I-15 corridor between Farmington and Salt Lake City.
Most recently, the team identified multiple alternatives along the I-15 corridor and in the surrounding communities and invited the public to comment on these alternatives from November 10, 2022 – January 13, 2023. The Alternatives Phase comment period has now concluded. We’re grateful for those that shared their ideas and feedback.
The UDOT study team is currently reviewing the comments received during the comment period and continuing work on the project alternatives based on this feedback. A summary of the comments received and an updated Alternatives Development and Screening Report will be posted here when it is available. If you have any questions please contact the study team.
Let Your Voice Be Heard
Public Comment Period: November 10, 2022-January 13, 2023
Ways to Comment
- Comment directly on the maps. (Click on the image to the right to open the map)
- Use the comment form below.
- Send us an email to email@example.com with your idea or comment.
- Comment by mail: 392 E Winchester St., Ste. 300, Salt Lake City, UT 84107
What should I comment on?
- Which alternatives address safety in areas/ways you care about?
- Are there safety issues you don’t see addressed in the alternatives?
- Do these alternatives help to better connect you to the places you want to travel?
- Which alternatives best align with how you see the future of transportation in your area?
- What do you think of the trade-offs between the two I-15 options?
- Are there walking and biking connections you saw that work better than others?
- Were there improvements/connections you hoped to see that you didn’t?
Environmental Study Process
The study team is following the EIS process established by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This includes:
- Learning about issues, needs and potential solutions from the public and other stakeholders.
- Establishing a purpose and need for any proposed improvements.
- Developing a broad range of potential transportation solutions.
- Evaluating environmental impacts of those proposed solutions.
- Selecting an alternative that best meets the needs.
- Continuous public and stakeholder engagement.
Quality of Life Framework
As the population in Utah continues to grow at a record pace, transportation planning and development play a key role in keeping Utah moving, facilitating a strong economy, and maintaining a high quality of life. As such this study will use the Quality of Life Framework outlined below to inform decision making including in developing the study Purpose and Need.
Contact the Study Team
For updates, join the Facebook group or get on our study email list.